Twelve Methodologies to help foster change
6 Billion People1,729 Languages190 Countries143
- Brainstorm: ideas to bring the issue of the plight of the girl child in education to
organizations that support childrens causes, or are organized for children.
- Collaborative Teams: to organize local schools to get involve and link with schools in
the developing world with support of information, books and technology
- Case Study: Write paper and submit to Newsrooms, Journals, Newspapers
- Debate: in parent-teacher meetings, town hall, on the Internet
- Drama: Have school plays that tell the story of the girl child. Invite local dignitaries
- Campaign to write: letters to Non Governmental Organizations (hotlink to NGO list) to
offer support and to volunteer.
- Linkage of schools districts: with like minded districts through the Internet.
- Annual UNICEF day: to promote awareness and to teach
the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Use Halloween as a time for collection for
funds for UNICEF.
- Field day outings: where children visit orphans and children of need.
- Poster Campaign: and present it to the City Hall.
- Adopt a child campaign: every child or classroom links through the Internet with another
classroom in a country less fortunate that the one they live in as determined as a
developing country by the United Nations
Source: Richard Pierre
Claude Professor Emeritus University of Maryland